Description

...

Ten Years Ago

Posted on: Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Ago
I was 13. I had just started eighth grade at a new school, Park Forest Middle school, in a new town, in a new state, in a new part of the country I didn't know much about. I didn't know what the World Trade Center was. When I began to hear whispers of the news I thought it was some sort of code for kids playing a prank and throwing paper airplanes in class. I don't remember much else about the event except coming home and watching the news, and then all of the events and consequences over the last ten years unfolding.

Today
I am 23. I am working a twelve hour shift in a town I am quite familiar with, a state I have grown to love, and a part of the country I have learned a lot about. I am married with a husband in Iraq with the military, and everyone knows what the World Trade Center is. I understand and feel much more than I did ten years ago. I hope everyone stays safe today.

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger