Description

...

Monday Movie: Lions for Lambs

Posted on: Monday, September 5, 2011

I watched Lions for Lambs as per Kyle's request and suggestion. It sat on the table for about a week after it arrived from Netflix, until I got time and enough focus to watch it Saturday night after work. With a husband in the military, I have learned to become instantly shut off when there's a movie or TV show about what goes on over there during deployment; even seeing commercials for that TLC show about troops returning to surprise their loved ones; no thank you! Though news articles on the topic I sort of crave. I'm not sure it makes sense. I thought this movie was very good, filled with good actors living up to their status. I cringed and thought I might not make it through (I was also very tired, but it is also quite short), but it jumps between a few different settings, so it wasn't all watching two troops make a last stand in wintry Afghanistan (but watching that was not fun). It made me think about the bigger picture of this war beyond myself and my unexpected connection to it, which is probably something I should keep in mind more often. I'll probably expand more on this in the future, I was kind of thinking about it before watching the movie as well. For more of a review, you should read Kyle's post on the movie
image here

Have a nice Labor Day, everybody! I'm pretty tired from working all the time and the kittens waking me up at 4 or 5 am regularly. If the weather doesn't turn too terrible, I'm going to go take pictures of the General Potter Farm, and then I have work 4:30 to 10:30. I hope your celebrations are more exciting. 

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger