Description

...

Monday Movie: The Kids are All Right

Posted on: Monday, September 19, 2011

In The Kids are All Right, the children of two moms seek out their sperm donor father, who starts to become more and more a part of the family's life, causing friction and whatnot. It was a pleasant movie (I guess pleasantly troubled), good for a Sunday afternoon while multitasking. The actors and characters they played were quite good; it was a nice look at what a family is. Though maybe it is because I watched Mad Men a little while ago (but let's not get started on the reasons why I mostly hate Mad Men), but the story line where spouse cheats on the other spouse is kind of old and haven't we learned the lesson yet that bad things come of it? The humor kept it from being too depressing with all the self destruction, though I don't know that I believe things would fall apart so quickly. Maybe? It was a predictable movie and probably ended at the right time though I wanted it to go on a bit more.

I watched the movie while enjoying some Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin spice coffee (and the kittens a little bit too), and a maple donut. Fall has officially started for me. Get ready to hear about it a lot on here.


- From the desk of Mrs. M

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger