Description

...

Cheer Up

Posted on: Friday, September 9, 2011

I've been missing Kyle a lot lately.  I am not too sad most of the time, it just comes in waves. I try to take the advice of this little abnormally shaped whale, and focus on the positive and cheerful rather than negative and depressing. Kyle and I have been able to send emails back and forth and chat  a little bit some days. My mornings are off to a great start when I find his emails in my inbox. 

Other things that cheer me up lately:

Autumn is right around the corner! I got to wear a scarf the other day! I will have to venture out to a Dunkin' Donuts (I hadn't been to one before I started working there in Pittsburgh, not counting the one in Berlin we stopped in to use the restrooms) and grab a pumpkin spice coffee. 

here and here

I've been painting my nails lately. I usually just paint my toe nails, but not really ever my fingernails. Because I usually bite them, though if I make a note to not bite them then I won't. I noticed lately that my nails were getting longer than usual; I guess I haven't been biting. So I thought I would take advantage and experiment with growing them out a bit and painting them too. I had on a neutral pink for a while, and couple nights go I switched to a bright red/orange. I like being a lady. 

The kittens have been letting me sleep a little more! I haven't been woken up at 4 am in the last couple days, and today my alarm actually woke me up at 6am! They have also been pretty good with letting me cut their claws, as long as they are in the right mood and I only do a few at a time. Thank you for your cooperation, kitties. Sorry I am away so much these days. Hopefully these 60 hour work weeks won't we a permanent thing. 

This story about a drunk moose in Sweden, though that picture looks terribly uncomfortable, and this story about human origins. Because I am a dork and I love bones and ancient peoples. 

Friends/ bridesmaids Tracy and Christy are coming to visit for a weekend in October! Hopefully we can do a couple wedding things, and I can show them around the sights and scenes of State College. I can't wait!

I am also going September 24/25 to visit Abigail in DC and stop in to check on my little brother at Georgetown!

I am making a little bit of progress on wedding planning! A little bit... And always finding more pretty inspiration!


images via Style Me Pretty

My engagement ring is finally being fixed! The day before we got married, I noticed one of the little diamonds was missing. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get it fixed; it wasn't too glaring a problem but I will be happy to have it back to its perfect little self. And back on my finger; my wedding ring is lonely without it.

Work. My new job is really wonderful. I enjoy getting to know the kids and they seem to like me and trust talking to me. They have had some terribly rough lives that will make you cry or just disgusted with the world; I am glad I can help in any way. My coworkers are great as well and are really open to teaching me and letting me do things beyond the job description, since I have a bachelors and they know I want to continue with school. I got a work email address- how official!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll be working through it again! The radio keeps telling me to be nice to people from Alabama and party responsibly this weekend.

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger