Description

...

Weekend in Pittsburgh

Posted on: Sunday, August 28, 2011

On Friday evening I discovered that I unexpectedly was not scheduled to work Saturday or Sunday. I quickly thought that I should take advantage, since it is unlikely I will have two days off in a row again any time soon. So, I took a little trip to visit a couple of my friends and bridesmaids in Pittsburgh! They start classes tomorrow and recently moved into their new apartment, so I got to pretend (very briefly) that I too was going back to school and not an old grown up lady. The trip was very nice, I got a couple belated birthday gifts, ate at a restaurant in Oakland I'd somehow never been to before, hung out on the fire escape, chatted with some of the drunk neighbors (they decided to salute me when I told them I was married and husband is in the Army), helped steal a desk off the street in the middle of the night, soaked up some sun in the backyard, had some drinks, played some games, decorated some cupcakes, laughed a lot, and avoided having to parallel park. Good times all around!

 Christy made this. Isn't it awesome?! 
 Oakland has a lot of charm. and trash. 
 dinner
 margarita time in my moose glass

Kings




Side note, the kittens are six months old today! Happy half year Birthday cuddle bugs.

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger