Description

...

Keep Calm

Posted on: Thursday, August 11, 2011

I've been seeing variants of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster popping up here and there, and I didn't know until I looked it up that the original is from 1939, created to raise morale in Britain and counteract impending public terrors due to the beginning of WWII. Huh. 

The original was rediscovered in 2000, and the image is public domain, since the copyright from the UK government expired. Hence all the copy cats and word play. I like the simplicity, and the idea that such a poster would really calm people down during times of war makes me chuckle from improbability (I don't know, did it work?). I think it's a good little message to keep in mind, though, especially in a time or place where you can't really do much to help or change your situation (ex: dealing with deployment). Here are some of my favorites. 


Yesterday my blog hit over 300 views in the past week! I'm glad people are reading and/or browsing pictures of the kittens! Visit my facebook page to like From the Desk! Feel free to leave comments, questions, suggestions for writing topics, or feedback there as well. Please and thank you! In the meantime I will do the following:


- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger