Description

...

Frenchy Fresh Toast

Posted on: Sunday, January 8, 2012

Upon recently coming into possession of an exceptionally huge amount of cinnamon, last night I decided to make french toast for breakfast/brunch today. Kyle thought this was a wonderful idea. I know you don't really need a recipe for french toast as long as you know the basics, but I thought I'd look something up anyway, at least so I'd get the ratio of eggs to milk right. This morning after searching a few recipe and cooking blogs and finding that they apparently don't cook french toast, I ended up using this one from allrecipes.com for guidance. I like that you can put in how many servings and it will adjust accordingly (no math in the morning, please!). However my four slices of bread soaked up the mix amount for six slices of bread, oh well. I changed the recipe just a little bit and gave it a hip new name. Fun fact: Wikipedia tells me in France this dish is called pain perdu, meaning "lost bread," because you can use old stale bread that would otherwise be lost to the trashcan or birds.


Frenchy Fresh Toast (for two)
4 slices potato bread
2 eggs
2/3 c milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
brown sugar
dash of salt
Mix all ingredients except bread. Melt butter in a hot pan. Soak bread on each side for as long as you see fit. Put the soaked bread in the pan. Sizzle sizzle on both sides. Done when goldeny brown. Top with maple syrup and eat away!













Have a nice Sunday! We're going to do some organizing around the house, and then go to BJ's to watch the Steelers game!

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger