Description

...

Wednesday Wedding: Cake Toppers

Posted on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012



The cake topper is probably a pretty minor detail in the big scheme of wedding planning (is anything really a minor detail when it comes to a wedding, though?), but when you have such a pretty cake that someone has worked hard to make, you don't want to ruin it by putting something tacky or ill-fitting on top. A lot of what I've seen is less the classic man-and-wife figures, and more creative options (and a lot of birds, for some reason. "love birds," maybe?).

For our cake (going to be made by Heather Luse of Delectable Delights) I was originally thinking a simple "M" for our last name, but lately I've been considering some other options.  I just asked Kyle, "do you have any thoughts on our cake topper?" to which he replied that he had "no thoughts," and then added "no glitter" and that he did have the power to veto my decision. I think something simple would work best atop our classy cake. I don't want to tell you too much about it, but think raspberries and pearls. We are also planning on having a dessert bar of sorts; it should be really fun and tasty, made by family and members of the wedding party (bonding time before the big event!).












And just for fun, some less conventional figurine cake toppers (I'm not considering using any of these).



I'm a particular fan right now of the Mr. & Mrs. flags. If you didn't notice I used them in yesterdays post too!

- From the desk of Mrs. M

3 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait...

    "do you have any thoughts on our cake topper?" to which he replied that he had "no thoughts," and then added "no glitter" and that he did have the power to veto my decision.

    Did you just quote my and Adam's conversation about toppers? Because I think you did.

    I like the pearls and raspberry idea... Heather Luse is doing our cake as well and the topper is sort of built into the design because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it and it seemed like an easy out.

    I do, however, particularly enjoy the little mr and mrs flags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!
    That's kind of how many wedding-related conversations go between us (and other couples, I'd venture to guess).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that even though it's a minor detail (that probably not many people would even notice.....) you definitely want to make it something special! I really really really wanted a vintage cake topper, and scoured every antique store in central PA for the perfect one. They were all either gross and dirty or tacky. It got to the point where I considered splurging almost 40 bucks on one I found on etsy...until I found the perfect one a week before the wedding!

    Love the ideas for alternative options....also....I've seen people use old salt and pepper shakers. A lot of vintage ones are that are in the shapes of whimsical things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger