Description

...

A Few Days in Pittsburgh

Posted on: Friday, January 27, 2012

Pittsburgh is a special place, I've said it before. Kyle and I have a history here, and gosh if my close friends here don't steal my heart every time I see them. We first visited Kyle's grandma and great-grandma, going out to the Silk Road for Chinese New Year and helping navigate some new technology. The next day we headed in to Oakland in the afternoon, wandered around campus, met up with friends, and went to Hofbrauhaus for dinner and drinking fun. It happened to be contest night, and four of our group participated in the strudel eating contest (hands behind your back, first to finish wins), which Tracy won, beating all the boys. The weather was nice and grey and rainy, classic Pittsburgh. We went to Pamela's for breakfast before heading back to State College. Yum!







 the strudel eating contestants-  Toby, Kyle, Jake, Tracy
 Cathy in the distance.
 Pam-Pam's. French toast.

 gifties from my friends. I love them.

We are heading out early tomorrow morning to drive back to Texas. It's been a nice trip back up to where there are mountains and snow, but I am definitely ready to be back home in our little house, go back to wearing flats and flip flops, finish up my last grad school application, resume wedding planning, and really get into figuring out life in Texas. 

- Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger