Description

...

Bake From the Heart

Posted on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I don't have the problem with Valentine's Day that it seems many people have. You either love it or hate it, or maybe I just notice when people have strong feelings one way or the other. I think it is a nice day. I don't believe the real happy, wonderful couples that you and I know and admire wait for a day in February to acknowledge love and appreciate one another. The holiday is a good excuse to do something a little special though! If you're going the food route, I prefer a special home-cooked meal, or baked goods; it shows a little more effort than a box of chocolates from CVS (but, I mean, we all have our traditions. Husband and I went to IHOP right after we got married, so I can't judge). Valentine's Day isn't too big a deal for me and Kyle, but it is a good enough reason for me to bake him a carrot cake, his favorite!

carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting

And some other tasty treats (for you, or I, or someone) to try sometime...

beer cupcakes
raspberry lemon pie
salted caramel brownies
pistachio carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting
pretzel cookies with chocolate and peanut butter chips
red velvet cheesecake brownies
chocolate cake 
- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger