Description

...

I Want to go to There

Posted on: Saturday, April 21, 2012

Somehow I went from being the girl who ran off to Europe for a year (ok, I guess a planned exchange student year is not really "running off to Europe") and was planning on returning to study abroad in college, to instead being married with two kittens in the middle of Texas. In quite a short amount of time, too. I certainly changed a lot in the last five years or so, but the desire to travel remains. I don't long for the freedoms of young, unattached travel, nope not at all. I just want to travel with my husband now, and he wants to travel with me, so it has worked out nicely. A while (this post has been a long lost draft since January, heh) ago I watched this video and scanned this article, and they got me thinking about the places we want to go.

On a related note, one of my Christmas gifts to Kyle/us was this...

Which I found on Etsy. I could probably make one myself, but I just came upon this right before leaving PA and ordered it as I thought it would be nice for Christmas. If you don't recognize it, or if you do but can't quite place it, it is replicated from the movie Up.

Right around Christmastime, Kyle also brought Bonnie home if you recall...
which has prompted (though we were already talking about it) us to start a list of places we should adventure to on the motorcycle. Here's what we've got so far.
Possible future Motorcycle or Car Road Trips:
The Alamo
Sea World at San Antonio
California
Shiner Brewery

Having never been for a ride on a motorcycle, however, I don't know if I will like it or hate it, so we will have to see if those trips will be made by bike or by car. Here are just some of the places I'd like to go, a little further than I think Bonnie could take us.
Trips that Require Airplanes:
New Zealand


Scotland


Greece (I mean we're naming our future baby boy Apollo)


Egypt

Norway

Australia

back to Finland (my number one destination)

and really, what I wouldn't give to go whale watching, somewhere.


images via Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Ahh I Would definitely go to Greece and Egypt for sure!! Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your adventure book! I studied abroad in Scotland and loved it. And Greece is number one on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cool book. And just thinking about that movie is making my eyes water like a big-o sissy haha.

    Love these places, if I ever win the lottery Im definitely traveling the world. Hope you get to all these places & are able to put them in your book :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger