Description

...

My first day in Texas

Posted on: Monday, December 12, 2011

It went quite well actually! I managed to find the house I was checking out, and the Honda service center in Killeen! I did get a little bit lost once trying to find some food, but the streets and city layouts here are very different, at least to a new resident/Texas beginner like me. Everything seems to be off the highways, and there are one way roads running parallel to the highway, so you have to loop around and plan ahead and know where you're going more so than usual. People have been friendly so far. I think we will be taking up residence in Temple, which is about half an hour from Fort Hood. It is right on the highway between Waco and Austin, so easier access should I get into grad school. It was also highly recommended not to live in Killeen, the town right outside Hood, so this gives us some distance from all-military all-the-time.

Now that house hunting has started, I am hopeful we will be in a place in time to decorate a bit for Christmas! The sun has set so I'm enjoying the safe comforts of my hotel room, and gathering some holiday inspiration from where else, Pinterest. I am very much looking forward to a day of baking, decorating the tree, watching a Christmas movie, wrapping gifts, and enjoying a tasty beverage with my husband. Time to start our own traditions! Soon!


- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger