Description

...

Last Day at Work

Posted on: Thursday, December 8, 2011


Today was my last day of work! Even though much of my time was spent driving the kids to and from school, PATH and home, and making them dinner, I wasn't just a cook or a van driver. Since I have a degree, I was able to lead some group sessions with the kids, and hold individual counseling sessions with them (which was handy, because that's about three hours of driving time each day put to good use). The kids seemed to really like me and were quite comfortable talking with me. It gave me better experience than I could have asked for or imagined, and shortly after starting to work there I knew I had to work with and help kids in my future. That kind of work isn't for everyone; it is really rough hearing their stories and struggles daily, but it is so incredibly rewarding, getting to see that they laugh and smile most days too, and when they tell me that they feel much better after talking with me. I'm not sure if I gave them more than they actually gave me, but I like that about the job. What could be better?







- From the desk of Mrs. M

1 comments:

  1. Awww what sweet memories to be able to take with you! I wish you the best of luck with your big move! Can't wait to hear all about it. And, of course, for the husband to come home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger