Description

...

Dear Husband

Posted on: Friday, June 22, 2012

I thought I'd start by sharing what I read to Kyle as my part of our "vow renewal." I struggled with figuring out how to write this, not for lack of things to say (I first met Kyle...and then during senior year of high school...and it was Spring Break '08 when...but then he joined the Army...oh and this one time five years ago...), but more due to not knowing how the ceremony was going to go and what people say when the ceremony is very non-traditional and everything. For ours we had our five bridesmaids and four groomsmen, who have all known us through various stages of our lives, share some stories about each of us or us as a couple, so the ceremony was going to be more casual, interesting, personal and fun. It didn't feel right to be standing there going "I vow to blah blah..." over and over, so I just sort of started writing a letter to Kyle as I have done many times, and here's what it turned into.

Dear Husband,

One year, three months and eight days later, and I'm still so excited to call you that. Before that it was fiance for a few months, boyfriend for almost three years, and best friend since 10th grade. We are a pretty awesome couple and we complement each other well. You make sure there is always beer in the fridge, I make sure the bills get paid in time. You know how to start a fire and set up the tent, I know how to make rice and that the mixing bowls go in the left cupboard above the sink. 


With you there is stress, frustration, and Army stuff all over the floor. But with you there is also fun. Spontaneity.  An endless supply of random facts and links to things I may or may not care about online.  There is safety, and stories, adventure, back rubs, random dances in the kitchen, and 5am scavenger hunts for your keys, dog tags or belt.


With you there is fun and love. With you I am my best, my happiest, and most myself. You are my best friend, my favorite person, and the one who knows who I really am.


Thank you for loving me, laughing with me and sharing your life with me.


I vow to love and support you, and to hum the Jurassic Park theme song with you long into the future.

I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Sarah! That's great! I love how heartfelt and very story-esque without feeling like you did the I first met Kyle...and then during senior year of high school...and it was Spring Break '08 when...but then he joined the Army...oh and this one time five years ago... thing! I love how your wedding/vow renewal went, and I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I love this! What a great way to personalize your vows!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger