Description

...

Legends of the Summer

Posted on: Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sunday night in Boston was the Justin Timberlake and Jay Z concert at Fenway Park. Yes, my sister got us tickets to the second Boston show (they also did one Saturday night). JT and Jay Z said our crowd was louder, though, so we were obviously at the better show. This was ultimately the whole purpose for my trip to Boston, so we were both very excited. It was also cool to be at Fenway, even though I'm not a baseball fan, I can appreciate what that place means. It was nice to even just watch the stadium fill up and the sun set with the backdrop of the city. The DJ playing before the show was also really fun.

^^check out the sign^^
^^this setup was so cool. All a bunch of screens^^

I couldn't really capture good photos of the actual show, but it was basically like this video for Take Back the Night:


The show started with both performing Holy Grail together (the encore was Suit and Tie). Through the show they did several songs together, and alternated with each doing a few songs and then transitioning smoothly to the other doing a few songs. It was pretty flawless. JT did a bunch of his classics: Cry Me a River, Senorita, Rock Your Body, Like I Love You, SexyBack (upon which my sister later recalled "I lost my shit."), My Love, Summer Love, What Goes Around...Comes Around, as well as new tunes such as Pusher Love Girl, Mirrors, and Take Back the Night. Same sort of deal from Jay Z. They were both so good. The style and attire was all perfect, and it was really a giant party. The best concert I've ever been to. :) I took a couple videos I might post later. Ahh, take me back.

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger