Description

...

A Snow Day in Texas

Posted on: Saturday, January 25, 2014

We had a snow day of sorts down here in Texas! On Thursday a friend and I drove to Houston (3 hours away) for a conference, and on the way back I definitely drove through rain, sleet and snow, and it took us 4 hours to get back to Temple. My friend couldn't even make it back to Waco, 30 miles up the highway, because it was just ice at that point. Kyle had his PT canceled so he didn't have to go in until 9, and then that got pushed back to 11, and then Fort Hood closed, so he had the day off! I got up bright and early to check out the situation and possibly make an attempt at driving to Waco, but the streets were just ice and google maps said over an hour to drive there, and everything in Temple was closed or delayed, so I thought I'd let it warm up a bit and the roads clear (and my office wasn't opening until 10 anyway). Anyway, I was told I didn't need to come in, so snow day for me too! We played in the snow with Luna, and sort of the cats. Most of the ice and snow cleared through the day, and I went in to Waco for a meeting at 4, things pretty much looked back to normal. It was really fun to see my neighborhood and Texas covered in snow, and Luna playing with her frozen tennis ball was very entertaining.

- S

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger