Description

...

This Weekend I...

Posted on: Monday, January 28, 2013


I decided to pick health care in Haiti for the topic of my semester-long project for International Research and Strategic Planning. I am so excited; I've been reading a lot about Haiti all weekend, starting with the book Mountains Beyond Mountains (which I am reading for a book review for another class. work smart not and hard). As much as I am deeply concerned with issues our own nation is facing, I can't deny that my heart beats for this stuff and the struggles of others around the world. It satisfies the anthropologist in me to learn about other cultures, and the social worker in me to figure out how we can help.


I made these fancy crescent rolls (adding peanut butter makes things fancy, right?).

I got a lot done this weekend! I majorly cleaned the bathroom, scrubbing down the whole shower/bath, which left my brain rattled in cleaning supply fumes (oops). But I got free Starbucks as a reward, and a super clean shower.

Kyle made a new jungle gym for the kitties and they got to play outside a lot.

I made a giant batch of curried turkey with rice, to have lots of leftovers for lunch through the week.

I also got a vine. Grew a vine? Planted a vine? I don't know why it's called vine, but I signed up. You can expect mostly videos of cats.

Not pictured: I did a bunch of homework, drank some wine, watched some TV, painted my nails, cut the kittens claws, texted with my sister a lot, watched a little Penguins hockey, enjoyed spending time with my husband, listened to this song and this song, and woke up around 4:30am both Saturday and Sunday (the cats have me trained). I have another busy week ahead, every week until maybe the second one in May will be busy, but that's how I like it. I'm having my baby teeth pulled this afternoon, volunteering at Project Homeless Connect Thursday, with lots of class, homework, internship and everything else around and in between. Have a good one!

- From the desk of Mrs. M

1 comments:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in
    accession capital to assert that I acquire actually
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently
    fast.
    My web site - network transfer simultaneously

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger