Description

...

Date Weekend

Posted on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kyle and I last minute got a spot to go on a free military marriage retreat last Friday through Sunday; I had class until 5pm on Friday and the program started at 4, 2.5 hours away, but they said it was OK if we came late. I had never heard of Great Wolf Lodge and didn't really know what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised when we drove up to hear their own theme song playing outside, and giant wolves welcoming us. This place was pretty amazing, especially for a couple of Northerners living in Texas, who wouldn't expect to see anything moose and forest-themed anywhere near here. We didn't go in the water park at all, but enjoyed the atmosphere and amenities. It was a really nice weekend; the marriage training part was fine, and we had more free time than expected. I doubt Kyle and I would come to such a place ourselves, and spend close to $200 a night, but it would be really fun with kiddos I imagine. The room keys were wristbands (to not be lost in the water park, and I had no sound issues at night. 
lego version of the resort!
awesome as it would be if the wine was waiting for us when we arrived, I brought it from home :)
oh, and there is a Starbucks at the lodge!

Saturday night Kyle and I went to dinner at Rainforest Cafe, which was crazy. I would have loved this place as a kid, though it was pretty fun as an adult and being able to drink their delicious drinks. I do have to question the research that was put into rainforest wildlife in planning this establishment, but I forgive them their inaccuracies. :)

While I did work on homework when we had some down time (Kyle was napping so it was OK), it was the perfect opportunity to get away, before the semester really got going. We got home Sunday early afternoon, and continued date weekend by going to see Silver Linings Playbook (which finally came out here!); I loved it and I think Kyle enjoyed it too. It was a good weekend with my love.

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger