Description

...

Lately

Posted on: Friday, January 25, 2013

The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up

I decided to join this linkup (with Sarah and Stephanie) today, to give you a quick summary of life as of late. I like that it takes a strengths perspective and focuses on the good in life, while keeping reality in mind and reflecting on the not-so-good. Do I sound like a social worker yet?! :P

Happy:
- This may be the first semester of my life to ever really challenge me. It is mainly due to the sheer number of things there are to do in the allotted 24 hours per day. This can go under both categories, because  I'm excited about it because I feel fulfilled by doing work, but I also like to have time to cook dinner for my husband. We shall see how it goes.
- I quite like social policy. I still want to move back to DC.
- I'm really looking forward to my trip to Boston in March!
- On Thursdays we have class from 8am to 5:35 pm, so this week I made brownies to bring to folks and spread cheer. It worked! Definitely something to do every once in a while.
- This evening I am going to not do work (at some point), eat Thai food and watch The Campaign with husband. Looking forward to relaxing, maybe with some wine.
- My social work cohort is really filled with wonderful people. Sometimes I'm almost creeped out by how nice people are. I am not that nice, I assure you.
- I know I've talked about it at length already, but just had to say my Erin Condren planner is serving me wonderfully and even more so than last (half) semester. I guess it's only serving me well because I use it well, so pat on the back for me?
- I am getting my baby teeth pulled out on Monday, woohoo!
- As a part of my Practice with Communities and Organizations class, we will be working with an actual agency to help them in their endeavors this semester. My class is working with Pack of Hope, a relatively new organization that provides packed food for kids to take home over the weekends, when they do not have access to food at school and might not get any food at all otherwise. You should check them out, and if you're in McLennan county, consider donating or supporting one of their fundraisers!
- This was really delicious. Thought you should know.
 

Crappy:
- I have no clue where I'll be interning next year. I'm not supposed to know yet, but I don't even have any concrete ideas or agencies that interest me. Hopefully Baylor will find me something that fits my interests.
- I am gearing myself up to be so sad when The Office is over. This show was a whole support system for me while navigating the stress of being new to the Army, and I just love it and love the characters. It is time for it to go, and I'll always have the dvds, but still, so sad. No more Jam. And yesterdays episode...ahh.
- Anyone else tear up from sadness when you hear about other people getting pregnant or having babies or anything? I do. Wish I did not.
- Did you know that a 2002 National Geographic study found that 10% of 18-24 year olds in the USA couldn't locate the USA on a map? Even with the Mercator projection map. 30% could not locate the Pacific Ocean. I started reading a really interesting book on international social work.
- IRB training. That's all.

Have a good weekend, all!

- From the desk of Mrs. M

1 comments:

  1. Bringing sweets to work!? You're my kinda gal ;)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger