Description

...

Lately and Day 9

Posted on: Monday, July 9, 2012


There was a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead this weekend. Kyle and I hadn't seen the second season, so we were looking forward to it, even though I totally forgot until around noon on Saturday when someone reminded me it was going on. Anyway, it was awesome. I guess this is a world where nobody had heard of zombies? Or else you'd think they'd just call them zombies. Also, a lot of people get hurt from non-zombie related incidents, and that is frustrating, but oh well.

Kyle has been on a weird Army schedule with night guard shifts, and so the days/nights kind of blurr and sleep is more sporadic, meals together less frequent. I am not a fan but I'll take this over Afghanistan any blurry day/night!

Also, the city of Temple (where we live) was declared to be in a state of disaster early yesterday, as power was lost at the water treatment plant and they could not make our water safe. I learned this the hard way, as I went out to do some errands and bring back Subway for us before Kyle went to work, only to discover everything (though Target was open, so yes I went there) was closed until further notice due to there not being any water. At this point power has resumed I guess but they are not yet fully functioning, so we are still on a level 3 water restriction (basically don't water your lawns, people) and are told to boil our water before consuming it. Thankfully I have one of those extra large brita filters in the fridge so I haven't had to do that yet. Weird stuff.

On to the 15 Day Challenge! Thank you to Sar for hosting this; it has been a lot of fun so far! :)

Life of Love

Describe the best day of your life to date.

I hope I'm not the only one who can't/isn't picking one day, but I think picking one whole 24 hour day out of all the days of my life is a difficult task! I think it is easier to think of life in terms of events and happenings, a series of ups and downs, regardless of whether it lasted a day or a few hours or a month. Some great times lately have been: getting into grad school, our first Christmas together in our first house together right after Kyle got back from Iraq, getting married, the kittens joining our family as little 7-week olds, and our wedding celebration a few weeks ago!


-Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger