Description

...

Wednesday Wedding: Pearls

Posted on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I kind of have a thing for pearls. I have a pretty unique pearl and diamond engagement ring, something I knew I wanted since I was little. For our wedding, I thought it would be nice to work in pearls somehow, to tie back to my ring. So far the only way I've really done that is with the wedding cake; there will be sugar pearls on the cake (I can't wait to see it!). Another obvious way to work them in is through accessories for both me and my best ladies.  Last summer, the lady at the jewelry store where my ring was being fixed (replacing a diamond and tightening the rest) told me basically that I should never ever wear my ring because just about everything it touches will ruin it. Sure lady, I'm just not going to wear my engagement ring. I know they are more fragile and susceptible to the elements than other jewelry, but pearls are just so classy and pretty, I can't think of a better way to accessorize a wedding. {I also think that the jewelry store lady was exaggerating a bit. She wore a bunch of pearls herself, and I think if they can handle the rough and tumble atmosphere of a jewelry store, they will be OK at a wedding/ worn on my hand all day every day. Am I right?}
my rings
my pearl necklace from my in-laws
I really love this ring, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. 
I found a similar at BHLDN, but it is not quite as pretty.
The BHLDN ring matches these earrings:














Again I am linking up to Joelle at Something Charming, who is also helping me out by answering a wedding question I had, on how we should work our atypical vow renewal ceremony. I can't wait to hear her suggestions!

And as a side note, we've started collecting mason jars for our wedding! I'm excited to plan exactly what to do with them, and to get crafty in the process! I also had a stroke of genius and came up with the perfect table number idea this morning! :)

- From the desk of Mrs. M

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love reading your updates. That pearl bracelet with the gold heart is absolutely gorgeous. You have such great taste! :)

    I have a pearl ring that I got in 2004 and wear occasionally and it is holding up just fine. I also have pearl-and-diamond earrings that I wear every.single.day (over a year now) and they're in great condition. I wouldn't worry about your pearl ring, except maybe to avoid wearing it while bathing or cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I definitely take it off for cleaning purposes (well most of the time, when I remember!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger