Description

...

Monday Movie: The Social Network

Posted on: Monday, July 4, 2011

My latest Netflix arrival was The Social Network (2010), a movie I had no particular feelings toward but figured I should see. I also kind of like both Jesse Eisenberg and Justin Timberlake. I can't comment on the accuracy of the movies portrayal of real events and people, but that's not really what I look for in a movie anyway (I mean, it's a movie. Adapted from a book.). The first word I can think of to sum up the movie is simply "cool." It got going right from the start, and it ended when I was not expecting it. Considering you still see stories in the news about the legal battles surrounding the start up of Facebook, I suppose knowing where they were going to end the film should have been somewhat unpredictable. I liked it. The movie felt subtle, also like it was very well crafted and carefully planned, from the shots to the script. It was artfully done, reflecting their portrayal of Mark Zuckerberg as a quick, well-spoken, overly (in)sensitive character I suppose. The soundtrack was noteworthy; it fit in really well and the movie wouldn't have been the same with anything different playing in the background. The Social Network was a good movie; not something I would expect myself to like as much as I did.


Happy 4th of July everyone! It's a pretty amazing, odd, messed-up, impressive and wonderful country we live in!

- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger