Description

...

Crash

Posted on: Friday, May 10, 2013

Kyle and I have not been having the best luck with these Texas roads lately. Yesterday, I was in Dallas with a small research group doing data collection, and we made it back through the rain to Waco, and I made it back driving to Temple from Waco, and as I was close to getting home, stopped behind several cars at a light, I was rear-ended. I should mention, I made it back to town driving through what I think is the worst rain storm I've driven through, and that's saying something considering PA weather and how much I commute down here. Alas, when you think you're out of the worst of it, the accident happens. What happened was the KCEN news van (on their way to report on the fallen Taco Bell sign) actually  ran into the car behind me, which then slammed into me. The van tried to break, but it's a big vehicle and the roads were slippery, and it just didn't make it in time. The car in between us could not be driven. My car had damage to the back bumper, but I could drive away after all was said and done. Everyone was very nice; the newsman and a reporter were friendly, and the pregnant driver of the car behind me and her passenger were nice too. The firemen came out, and then the police a little later, as there were several accidents around town due to the weather. The accident happened on a busy street through town, and several passers-by were waving as they saw the news van, haha. Everyone was OK.



Apparently there was a lot of hail here in Temple; it looked like there were piles of snow on the side of the road. When I got home I discovered the storm did some damage to the house. Texas weather can be quite intense.
hail at my door

- From the desk of Mrs. M

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any tips?

    my blog post - http://estevez.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to see that you got an accident but The way you describe everything is amazing. Can you guide me about right chauffeur in Milan?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger