Description

...

The First of Autumn

Posted on: Sunday, September 23, 2012

On Saturday, Kyle and I went to Round Rock to look for some caving boots and supplies, and to get me a Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin spice coffee, autumnal drink of the gods. I found out a few weeks ago that there was a DD Cafe within driving distance, so I was pretty excited to take this little trip down I-35. We stopped in a couple stores looking at boots, and went to Tarka for some Indian food, which we'd been craving for a little while (never had Indian food down here in Texas). This place immediately reminded me of a Chipotle- good and fast food, order at the counter, relaxed atmosphere, and, contrary to the ethnic origin of the food being served, worked by all white people. The small chain (of 3 restaurants) is based in Austin, and is really good and satisfying! You get quite a lot of food, and refills on the fancy mango lemonade. Oh, and there's naan. I wish they had one here in Temple... We both really enjoyed our tikka masala.

After a late lunch we walked over to REI (and past the doggy adoption at PetSmart, sigh), where I ended up getting the most old-man style pair of shoes for caving/hiking, and we got some new headlamps, mine in a snazzy light blue and purple combo (you know, because I am a lady. I wear a skirt to try on adventure boots). I think the girly headlamp goes very well with my old man boots, don't you? :P

And then there was Dunkin'. And this conversation that happened:
Me: do you want to go in or use the drive through?
Kyle: well I figured you would want to take pictures, so it's OK if we go in.
what a guy.
I walked in to the place and exclaimed, "it smells like work!" hah, which was probably a weird thing to say, as I haven't worked there in almost two years. I think I was just giddy. Luckily the place was not very busy. They even had the ground pumpkin coffee for me to take home (I haven't seen it in stores yet). Yum. I was a happy ex-Dunkin' employee/first day of fall celebrator. 

Anyway, thanks for the date day, husband! We then returned home and the rest of the day looked like this: homework, The West Wing, Kyle building a cat playhouse, leftover Indian food, more West Wing, apple cider + rum, and bed before 10:30.

- Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger