Description

...

Thoughts from a Busy Mind

Posted on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It is a bit of a crazy week for me. My coping strategy of working all the time is getting to me a little this week, and my emotional strength is being tested. My iphone had a mental breakdown and forgot it was a phone, or anything at all, baffling the folks at Verizon. The water in the apartment building was shut down for a while, and all I wanted after being at work from 10:30 pm to 11am was a shower before running of to work again. There are many things on my to do list and my carpet needs to be vacuumed. I really really really miss my husband. There is so much news all over the world and that is a little draining (what is happening?! I mean everywhere, not just here).

I am not from State College and after ten years (off and on) I am still not used to the Penn State crazy, so I don't quite understand the local uproar and downpour and why I hear more concern about football legacies and defending PSUs image than child abuse. Worry and support seems severely misplaced in this situation. I know that a lot more people have been to a Penn State football game than heard a child talk about their abuse firsthand, but if you have you don't worry about whether a coach still has his job or not. How could that be what people are worried about, boggles my mind. Why has this situation created cheer and applause and a renewed sense of pride? "If we can't protect our kids, we as a society are pathetic." - Matt Millen

Pathetic.

BUT. I have off Sunday, my phone will be replaced, water is on and hot, husband will come home, the world will keep turning, State College is a superb place to live, I will keep helping kids who desperately need it, and there are pretty things in the world.


Remember that Friday is Veterans Day.

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger